$19 Ticket to Texas Ballet Theater

Unable to convince Lloyd or Gwendolen to accompany me and not wanting to miss Texas Ballet Theater's production of Mozart's Requiem, a contemporary piece choreographed by TBT's own artistic director, Ben Stevenson, I went by myself to the Sunday matinee and bought a cheap ticket. What a show! The first piece, danced by seven ballerina's to a medley of songs by Judy Garland, was spare and beautiful. The second, danced by nine male dancers to Mozart's beautiful Requiem, was sublime. I couldn't help thinking how Victoria Morgan, AD of Cincinnati Ballet, would have stripped these hotties down to frilly diapers and sent them leaping across the stage. And while Stevenson could have punched up the color to match the lush choral tones of the Requiem, his fluid yet precise choreography perfectly complemented the structure and emotion of Mozart's music. I loved it!

Bass Performance Hall is one of the prettiest theater's I've ever seen, it's creamy white lobby a vision of Heaven. And at only about 2,000 seats, my $19 ticket, 25 rows from the stage, was an fantastic value. I'll be back.

No comments: