Horse Thieves and Cattle Rustlers

"I'm sorry. Since that's a separate problem, you'll have to make a separate service request," the woman at ARC Rapid Rooter told Lloyd when called to tell her that the drain they had cleared not three hours earlier was now backing up into the kitchen sink. What could be more maddening? I'll tell you: Lloyd and I committed a small fortune to having "radiant barrier" sprayed in our attic. Imagine how furious I was to discover, after hours researching what exactly it was that ABC Installation was calling "radiant barrier," (it was Radiosity 3000) that it was in fact little more than a thin layer of flat interior latex and nothing remotely close to Heat-Stop 75, the industry standard. "Gee I'm sorry," the contractor says, through the salesman, 29 clams to stop payment on the check and numerous angry phone calls later, "I didn't know. I've been installing this stuff for years and no one's complained." Please tell me how a middle aged woman who wakes up in the middle of the night with the sneaky suspicion that she's been swindled knows more about the product than the guy who's paid to install it. Unfortunately, that seems to be the law of the land here. Suckers beware!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds as if this would be a good topic for the consumer affairs investigative reporters at the local TV stations and/or newspapers.

Linda