Billy Bob's Texas


I've been wanting to get to Billy Bob's Texas, the world's largest honky tonk--is that the same as a bar?--since I moved here. Six acres of bar and a whole lot more in a building that used to be an open air cattle barn. The best was the people watching. Where do all these cowboys and cowgirls come from? Fort Worth is a big city. Do they drive in from the country to party or are they city people in western wear? And everyone was white, like thousands of people and practically no one of color. Lloyd and I danced, we drank beer, we had fun.
I didn't bring my camera, so thanks to whomever posted this picture where I could borrow it. This wholesome group pretty much typifies the Saturday night crowd.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Glad to see you doing the two step. Both Charlotte and I have been that big Billy Bob's bar - what a huge bar.
Jim & Charlotte

Unknown said...

I saw the photo before I read the text. I was amazed & thinking: wow for only being in town a couple of months you sure make a lot of friends in a hurry!

Sounds like a fun place. Only in TX. Makes me miss my old favorite Dallas hot spots, most of which are probably gone now after a decade plus.