The American Flag


I've never seen as many American flags as I have in Fort Worth. Flags, in fact, are the most remarkable feature of the Fort Worth landscape, which is generally devoid of tall buildings or interesting geographical features. Average wind speed is around 10 mph here, which flies a flag pretty well. And against either bright blue skies or backdrops of puffy white clouds, they look pretty cool. I pass this huge one at the Ford dealership every day and it has the most beautiful fluttering, waving action although note that the edges are frayed. After the result of the recent presidential election, I'm feeling pretty patriotic.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Great pic! And I'm feeling pretty patriotic too since "That One" was elected so definitively. It makes me proud to be an American.

LisaB said...

Ever since I posted this, the flag has gone missing from its humongous pole. I don't think there's a connection, but I miss my favorite flag.