Chicken Dance in Cow Town?


"Feel like German food?" asked Lloyd as I sat at the dining table knee deep in fake fur. (I was busy making mouse, bear and wolf hoods for Gwenny's school play.) I loved Edelweiss the minute we walked in. The decor was "Bavarian Chalet tricked out for Christmas" and reminded me of Munich. The beers were huge and the food way too delicious. Best of all was the music: an oompa band with accordion, keyboard and Eidelwiess' owner, Bernd (pictured), belting out German drinking songs and Bing Crosby Christmas carols. Little girls, including ours, took to the dance floor. By the time I ordered another stein of hefe weizen and we danced the Chicken Dance, I felt like I hadn't had so much fun in years.
Here's Gwenny in the mouse hood.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Glad you found some German things. Sounds like that is a must visit when we come to town - we like beer, music, food, all the right things. And of course your company.
Jim