Girls in Red Dresses


For the second time this season, Charlotte's parents, Azilee and Rob, invited us to a fantastic holiday party. This one was called the Sugar Rush and was a fundraiser for Kids Who Care, a children's theater group, followed by their musical production of The Christmas Carol. The party was fun and their Carol was terrific. The main roles were played by professional actors while teens enlivened the script with extra Christmas songs and dancing.
I don't know whether it was because this production was especially good, or because great works of art continue to surprise you long after you think you know them, but I felt the meanness and misery, as well as the merriment, of Dickens' familiar story more intensely than I ever have before. I shed real tears.
Again, I can't post a picture, but here are Gwendolen and Charlotte enjoying each other's company.

No comments: