Christmas Day


The beauty of Christmas Day at home is that it could be anywhere. We just happen to be in a small apartment in Fort Worth Texas, but we have a tree, presents, a fire, food and each other. And we can telephone our families.Really, though, Gwenny's sixth Christmas was the best, full of those simple pleasures that make memories. To me, those memories were always associated with smells, flavors and sounds--fresh pine, peppermint, gingerbread, cloves, tangerines, egg nog, Ave Maria, Adeste Fidelis--and just having time to goof off and make stuff. I mean, what eles is there?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A new house, an xmas tree, and a 6-year old to buy presents for. Sounds wonderful!

I had a 5-year old that I bought presents for this year. She was all goofy, climbing on me after unwrapping the boxes & "What else did you bring me?" Cute.